Lion’s mane mushrooms can be enjoyed raw, cooked, dried or steeped as a tea. Their extracts often used in over-the-counter health supplements.
Many describe their flavor as “seafood-like,” often comparing it to crab or lobster.
Lion’s mane mushrooms contain bioactive substances that have beneficial effects on the body, especially the brain, heart and gut.
1. Could Protect Against Dementia
2. Helps Relieve Mild Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety
3. May Speed Recovery from Nervous System Injuries
4. Protects Against Ulcers in the Digestive Tract
5. Reduces Heart Disease Risk
6. Helps Manage Diabetes Symptoms
8. Reduces Inflammation and Oxidative Stress
9. Boosts the Immune System